Friday, January 11, 2008

Fight Club


Growing up I had a rough childhood. I was never allowed to have pets. My Mom always said she was allergic but in reality she was just mean. So behind her back I befriended a wasp named Evan. There was always something a little different about Evan. When other kids would pick on me he was always there to defend me. Any time a mosquito would attack even was there to kill it. We were the closest of friends.

Then when we were served our eviction papers and had to move at 1:30 in the morning I never had a chance to say goodbye to Evan. I think I really hurt him. I tried writing letters to him but he always wrote "Undeliverable" on them and they were returned.

Recently I did get an anonymous email and while I am not 100% I am pretty sure it was from him. I copied it below.

" Dear Former Friend,

I never understood why you left me but I am sure you had your reasons. I didn't know how to go on without having you by my side so I turned to the bottle. This led me into a whole different lifestyle. I was fighting other bugs just to support my drinking. Then one day this nice guy from Japan came and offered me a new life. So please, check me out sometime here: http://www.japanesebugfights.com/

Sincerely,

Your former friend"

Go Evan.

1 comment:

livingjetlag said...

That is wrong on so many levels. Also, you owe me a new keyboard, because I just vomited all over the old one.

Google